Adsense Search

Google
 

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Today was a beautiful day:) It is getting hotter but it is not too bad yet. Today was the most beautiful sunset I have seen. It was clear skies with the sun setting over the Pacific and to the right side of the island of Molokai. My first clear, no clouds in the way sunset in Maui. Ahhh what a peaceful sight - the end to another beautiful day in paradise.

I woke up and tried to call my boss on the east coast. Well, he didn't answer either today or yesterday nor did he return my voice mails messages. I wish he would have - I was prepared to ask if I could work remotely or take some "personal time" off. If all I got were a bunch of no's - then I was prepared to resign. Now I have to write an email and send it to him to let me know that I am not returning to the mainland for sometime. I imagine he wants it in writing - so now I have to be diplomatic in my exit letter. I am considering posting my letter on my blog here. What do you think? I think I will wait a few days - to see what happens...

The point of no return. I am actually going to quit my job! Now that I think about it I have imagined this day for over a year. and now that day is finally here... Dun Dun Dun..... I can hear the Star Wars music in my head. I am excited (and somewhat terrified.) On second thought - I am not scared at all because in my mind I have already quit. I just have not let my employer in on our little secret.

So I am going to go write my diplomatic letter now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian – Way to go! You should tell your boss that you want to take Stress Leave and it falls under the requirements of the American Disability Act!

100 sunsets said...

I love you brother! You always inspire me :) I thought about claiming a hostile work environment. What u think on that?