Adsense Search

Google
 

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Killing Mickey

The other night I was sitting in my room and I realized how hot it was, so I opened the door to my room so I could get a cross breeze. As I am playing on the computer, I see something scurry in the room. It was a little tiny mouse. I tried to hit it with my dive fins, but I could not find it. I went upstairs since I had just lost at texas hold'em and asked if anyone was good at killing mice. To my surprise, Paul volunteered and said he would be happy to kill the mouse. He was happy for the opportunity to hunt and kill and something. Imagine that- the kid from Texas wants to hunt & kill something. I gladly offer money - but we settle on the price of 1 beer - after he kills it. I was happy he wanted to take the job, so I offered the beer up front. He came in to my room and we tore everything apart looking for that pesty mouse. Needless to say, we did not find it. Next, Paul said hold on one minute, then he went and got a mouse trap and baited it with american cheese. He set it up behind my dorm size refrig since that was the last time we saw the mouse.

Two days later, we have had a few beers, we have met a UFC fighter in our house who happens to know a housemate (& has served in the 82nd Airborne from NC), and Paul happens to ask me about the trap. I tell him it has not tripped, and as we look behind the refrig, we see it has set and their is a mouse in it. Needless to say, the kid from Texas is excited at his catch. He has a mouse with it's neck trapped and his mouth on the cheese. He then proceeds to get his gloves (for disposing of the hunt I suppose) to get the mouse out of my room. I am grateful and we agree that I have already paid him in sum of 1 beer.

Here is Paul with the dead mouse:


Long Live Texas. Those people love killing things :)

Mahalo Paul!

No comments: