Adsense Search

Google
 

Friday, May 18, 2007

I went to the beach today. I decided I am not dark enough – so I need some more color. I also shave off my goatee. While I was at 505 Front Street I noticed they brought chairs out to the sand. That can only mean one thing – someone was getting married. They asked the other people on the lounge chairs to move, but since I was on the opposite side and I was lying on the sand, they left me alone. It was a small ceremony. 8 chairs on each side with about 4 people standing. It was a beautiful ceremony. Their were 2 Hawaiians – one was the minister who united the happy couple in matrimony and the other was playing the ukulele. He played and sung beautifully. It was not the traditional “here comes the bride…” - rather it was a love song - something along the lines of “you and me together forever…” I enjoyed it. I also wondered if they would remember the hairy dude (me) lying on the beach trying not to be noticed. Mahalo for them allowing me to enjoy the ceremony. I laid flat on my back and tried to appear that I was not watching – but I was. It was a short ceremony – at the most it was 15 minutes – on the beach – in Hawaii. And to tell you the truth, I would have been more upset at the chainsaws from the International Festival of Canoes than I would have been by some hairy dude laying 15 feet away. I tried to catch their name as the Hawaiian minister pronounced them – but all I caught was Seth. So to Mr. & Mrs, Seth – I think you had a WONDERFUL ceremony, and I wish you both nothing but happiness.
After the ceremony I smoked a cig, then headed to Blue Lagoon for $2 tacos and beer. I met a local who had a serious problem with the super ferry. He proposed a couple of excellent good points that I could not deny. He said that drugs and prostitution would increase on Maui because of the super ferry would allow the drug lords to increase business. I also learned that there is an inter-island tax (of roughly 30%) that would make this more than feasible. He said the opportunist (aka drug lords) would be more than happy to transfer the goods for 30% under the market value and then sell for 30% above market value. It made perfect since to me. I would if I could make a 30% markup.. I never knew that all imports went first to Ouhau – and then were shipped to the appropriate island. That explains why things are so expensive…
Anyway - I will explain more of the things of the Free Hawaii that I have heard later…

Enjoy the pictures from the next post...........

No comments: