Adsense Search

Google
 

Monday, May 28, 2007

A couple more days in Paradise...

SO I took the weekend off. I decided not to blog any. So here is what has been happening:
Thursday - I went surfing. Paddling sure is tough. I made some muscles sore that I did not even know I had. The top of my stomach (top row of my six pack - if I had a 6 pack.) and my shoulders. Needless to say - I did not stay out too long.

Friday - good question - what did I do on Friday - Oh yeah - I got a job. I am going to be selling activities - aka resort promotion - aka timeshare. It was the easiest interview I have ever had. Basically it went like this:
Boss: Do you have any sales experience?
Me: Nope.
Boss: Well we like to give people a chance - and you have the "boy next door" look - so when can you start.
Me: Monday.
Boss: See you Monday at 3.

Saturday: I woke up early today (9:30) and went and watched the Parade from the International Festival of Canoes. It is amazing what the carvers accomplished in 2 weeks. They went from a 5 foot wide tree log to a canoe. My favorite part of the festival was the Tahitian dancers. They really could shake it. I could have watched them all day. I ran into David and Maile at the parade. It is always good to see people you know.
In the afternoon we went to Baby Beach. Some one was having a party and their was a DJ - so it turned out to be pretty fun. On the way to the beach, I blew a tire on my bike, so we ended up driving to the other end of Lahaina. We went to Moose's (bar) after the beach - and I had a wee bit too much to drink - but I had fun. I ended up hitting on some girl who had a boyfriend - but I got her number - so I guess I did something right...

Sunday - recovery day from Saturday. Played poker again and lost. I think I may need to change my strategy because I keep losing...

Monday - I woke up and went surfing with some roomies. I managed to paddle out OK. My muscles were not sore - so it was fairly easy to get out. It was kind of crowded and not many waves, but I managed to catch one on my knees, one on one knee and one foot up and the last one I managed to stand up, but my little piggies were bent the wrong way, so I fell. I have to tell you that surfing is addictive. You always want one more wave. One more good set to roll in. I can't wait to go again. I also understand the whole surfer body thing too - It is quite a workout. I am sitting around waiting to go to work. I have to go in at 3. I wonder if there is going to be any training or if they are just going to put me in booth on Front Street. Guess I will see - and I will be sure to let you know how it goes...

Aloha - I hope everyone has a wonderful day....

No comments: