Adsense Search

Google
 

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Black Rock

I woke up today and decided I should be productive.. I applied for a job. I applied for a job at Lahaina Dive. I want to work and be able to dive for free. I want to get advanced certifications in SCUBA for free. I am more than willing to take a cut in pay so I can dive for free. It sounds like a a bargain to me...
So I was productive today....

After the productivity part of the day ended, I went home and changed into my board shorts and packed my fins and mask and hopped on my bike to head to Kaanaplai.

(oh yeah - I got a sweet ride - it is a Mountain bike that has been pieced together - I think I got a Schwin frame, Huffy seat. and some wicked grip shifts. The brakes do not work so well, but then who needs to stop?)

I have a total of <$20.00 in her. I bought new tubes (intertubes) and a lock for her. It is my first bike that has gears. I am still trying to figure them out. I sure can feel the muscle in my leg burn as I am peddling and am trying to figure the gears out. I think I am getting there, but sometimes it hurts more than others. It sure makes me appreciate having a cruiser with no gears. Although, with a mountain bike, I really do like peddling backwards. It makes it look like you are working.

Back to the story...
I took the bus to Kaanapali. I rode my bike to the Wharf and waited for the bus @ 30 after the hour. I had been told that I could take by bike on the bus and tie it to the front. Well that just sounded plain cool - so I took my bike and rode it to the Wharf.

When the bus appeared, the driver decided he needed a potty break - so we waited until he returned. I then proceeded to put my bike on the front rack after I had figured out the driver was not going to help. I boarded the bus and paid my $1 for the ride to Kaanapali. It was the longest 30 minutes of my life. It was hot. It was crowded. I think I could have rode my bicycle (that was strapped on front of the bus) quicker than the bus got there... But with 60 people on a mini-bus - the city is doing pretty well.

I made it to the Wharfs Village and took my bike off the front and proceeded to find the hotel that my friend works at. Once I found it, I next needed to find a place that I could park my mean ride and not loose her. It took about an hour... I finally decided on a public access path and locked her to the fence. After all, ALL the beaches are public property. It does not matter if you build a billion dollar resort on the beach front, the beach and ocean front belong to the people. You can park for free, walk to the beach, then go to the resort bar and order drinks. Hawaii is great.

Anyway, I checked out a pool, then went to the Westin for Happy Hour after I spent 30 minutes on the beach checking out some babes. I choose my happy hour spot because of the musician. After I sat down, he happened to take a 2 beer break (2 beers for me :) When he came back, he first played "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" and then "Crazy Love". Those are probably 2 of my favorite songs. and they were played on the Ukelai.

After Happy Hour I went to Black Rock and did some snorkeling. It is an easy snorkel and there are always so many fish and coral. I have seen prettier snorkeling sites, but it was still interesting - and easy. I could have netted the fish they were so close.

I watched the sunset at Black Rock today. It was my first change in sunset in a while. Normally I watch it @ 505 - by which I actually mean 505 Front Street. I do not mean that the sun is setting at 5:05PM. The sun is setting about 7PM. getting close to it any way. I know my plans from about 5:30 - 8:00. I will be watching the sunset.

I have to be honest, I missed some of the sunset tonight. I was getting beer. I got a 6 pack of Bud Light for $4.99 so I was kinda happy :-)

The pinks after the sunset were cool. I saw 3 sailboats landing on the beach after the no sunset (the sun was hidden behind clouds.)

I promise I will update and add pictures - but I off to bed.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: