Adsense Search

Google
 

Friday, May 25, 2007

I bought a beater - and went surfing

May 23
I went to Honolua Bay with Paul today and went snorkeling. It was incredibly murky. You had to swim out about 200 yards before it got clear. You could still see the reef and the blue coral- but I have seen it on better days. We saw 2 turtles on the reef. One of them was just chilling underwater – and the other one was swimming. I followed him for a little bit. It sure is cool to swim around a turtle. Watching them move is interesting.
An interesting thing happened after the sunset. I went to Foodland to by a 30 pack of beer so I could save $11. I put it in my backpack and peddled home. It was heavy. Then – Paul’s chain broke – so I had to tow him home. So here I am carrying a 30 pack of beer and towing Paul and his bike. It was quite a workout. I was sweating profusely. The beer sure help cool me down:)

May 24
I woke up today and Jason – one of my housemates – was knocking on my door. He got the title to a Jeep he bought – and sold it to me. Yep – I now own a Maui cruiser. I am the proud owner of a 1993 Jeep Cherokee, 2 Door, Blue, with 114K miles. I have to have the breaks changed, and get her registered, but I own a beater.
I went surfing today. There are 2 boards in the garage – 1 that no one knows whose it is – and the other is Jason’s. So me and Paul took them out today to see if we could surf. Paddling sure is hard. I kept paddling and paddling and it felt as if I was going no where. My first wave was kind of big – and I ended up going over the nose when the wave broke and flipped the board over. I did a couple of underwater flips then came to the surface. I think it was a good thing because I am not afraid to go after the bigger waves. I rode the next wave with one foot up and on a knee. It was a fun ride, but paddling back out sucked. IT IS HARD!!! So I never stood up today– but that will come.
I watched the sunset at BreakWall. It is a rock wall that protects the Lahaina harbor and it has some pretty good waves for surfers. The colors in the sky were beautiful.

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear you got a car, sure beats riding that bike,ay.

Unknown said...

Finally!!