Adsense Search

Google
 

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Day 2 in a booth as an OPC

Today was my second day in a booth as an OPC (Outside Public Contact). I had 1 guy that was interested in some activities for his family of 5 – and even mentioned that he was interested in buying some properties – but he wanted to drive by the resorts to check them out before he would book the activities. That was the best lead of the day. I spent the other 6 hours and 45 minutes saying ALOHA to try to get people to come over and talk. I had a party of 4 that was from Sydney, Australia (who did not qualify) that was looking for a helicopter tour. There is one company that only comps you if you book a tour, so I tried and tried – but they did not book at retail – they wanted to look around. I had another young couple from California who did not qualify – and I informed them of the best way to save money on activities (answer yes to all the questions that the agent asks.) So I sat in a booth for 7 hours and did not sell a thing. I felt A LOT better when the manager told me that only 1 tour had been booked.

I know it is only day 2 in a booth as an OPC, but I am beginning to question if this whole commission thing is for me. I am quite happy making a set hourly wage – but showing up and filling a booth and making ZERO – I question that… I have also discovered that I do not miss working – I miss making money $$$

I took the Jeep out for a drive today to see what would happen. One of my roommates wanted to go to McDonald’s – so he came with me. I was glad to have a passenger in the car (so if it died he could push it out of the way…) I am glad he went. We were at McDonald’s drive thru – next in line to get our food – and it stalled. He pushed me to the drive thru window to get the food – then we pushed it to side in order to not block the 1 lane drive thru. While we were waiting (which normally helps for the POS – aka Piece Of Shit) to start – I saw one of my managers from LTC come out. I was kind of embarrassed, but I explained the situation. He said it was probably something simple – and let me tell you that was a HUGE relief – since we both obviously know JACK about cars. After about 5 minutes (time for Eric to eat a double cheeseburger – and time for me to smoke) old Stall-out-er started. I knew how to drive her now. When you slow down – put her in Neutral, left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Otherwise – you will pay – and how long you have to wait to restart is up to her. I created my lovely Jeep Cherokee Sport a new nickname today. I was pretty impressed it with it – and I had only had < 1 drink. THE PUSH MOBILE. What do you think? I think it fits my JEEP perfectly. You never know when it will die and have to push it. I think it is also best to be on the buddy system – have someone riding shotgun so if she dies, you have some one to push it. Granted, I do have to get out to let the buddy out (because the passenger side door hinge was not welded properly – or is that re-welded?) Now you can get in and open the passenger side door – but you run the risk of not having a door if it falls off the hinge. So I tend to leave it to my passengers as to what is more important – crawling over the drivers seat to get in & out – or rolling the dice and possibly not having a door on your side. Take your chance – I don’t care. The worse case for me is that my door falls off and I put the door in the trunk. The worst case for you is you are riding shotgun with no door… Either way – I have a door protecting me :)
From my research on the internet – the fuel filter is not the problem, because it only happens at idle, and or slow speed – which is the exact opposite of the cause of clogged fuel filter. If anyone has suggestions, then please, PLEASE let me know…

I saw the sunset tonight. There was a huge cloud that the sun went behind, then reappeared before it went down. There were also clouds on the horizon, so no green flash tonight… Although, it was the first time that I REALLY appreciated the mountains (and the clouds that were being accented by the setting sun.) Which taught me an important lesson – when you are enjoying the sunset (or anything beautiful) never forget to do a 180 and look behind you – it may be more magnificent than what you are looking at…
MAHALO!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The story about your Jeep today was pretty funny. I like how you have to crawl through to get to the passenger seat.
Maybe if you cut holes in the floorboard nobody would have to get out and push, just like 'The Flintstones.'

Take it easy bro.

Anonymous said...

Hope your job interview went well today. Did you end up renting a car or use your push power on the Jeep?
Good luck tomorrow on the second interview.
Mom