Adsense Search

Google
 

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Magical Maui...

8/22 - Today was an interesting day. 1 of our roomies had some friends over from the mainland. We took them surfing, hung out all day, invited the guy that bought a 1 way ticket to sleep on our couch in the garage (aka lanai), and next thing I know is some dude who is passed out on the couch is getting the water hose sprayed on him.
After I got done laughing (which was about 30 minutes) – I realized what was happening. One of our roomies was spraying down a drunk individual to make sure he was still alive.. He was questionable for a while. But the garden hose gave a lot of answers quickly…
I was called in to be the gentleman that made sure that the young damsel made it home safely. I was more than happy to do the job. I was grateful that I had a job. I was ecstatic that the 2 women I knew that lived in my house understood that I would be the one to make sure they made it home. Ultimately, I was the one they trusted…
I was happy! I knew I made more friends. I knew I made more friends that I could trust – because they trusted me… When the situation got tough – and you need a gentleman – who u going to call??
BRIAN!!!
It’s good to know that some things never change…

On another note…
I wonder if anyone can beat me on job title? I am the “Director of FUN” Seriously – does anyone even want to compete? I will be happy to entertain all contenders, but I am going to win in the long run… FUN is in my title!!!
Director
Of
Fun
I could not have dreamed of a better job… - yet I got it!!!
Life is such an extraordinary thing. Sometimes you dream and it comes true… Sometimes things change – but remain the same… Sometimes you have the courage to change things… and sometimes you are too scared to do anything… I know who I am – who are you?

8/23 - I was late today... My boss called & woke me up at 10AM. That is the worst feeling - being late - and your boss calling to wake u up... I hope I do not do that again. Worse even yet is talking to the owner - then him concluding by "So you had a sleeping problem today?" - My response - "Yes sir. I apologize. It will not happen again..." Enough said. End of conversation...

8/24 - I was officially named Director of FUN today!!! At the manager meeting - the owner of the company said I was the Director of Fun - and would be replacing my manager. Life is grand! (can u tell I work with some Irish chicks?)

8/25 - I got a call today from the VP of the company. He said they were working on my compensation package. He said I had not been forgotten. I said thank you.. What I really thought was - now that it has been announced that I am replacing my boss - and have been named as such - that I AM the one in control. I have the title - now they have to PAY me... Does that make since to anyone?
I think I am in a good position. I think I have room to negotiate...
I will let you know how it goes. I hope I am right.

I miss yall! I hope I can inspire you to have some "FUN" in your life. I know
I am...

8/26 - Another day at the pool… I had 2 of my Irish chicks working today. One of them told me they got a $5 tip – so I decided to make her day better. I asked her if she wanted to sit in on an activity. She had the choice between Lei making and Hula lessons. She chose lei making – and she was ecstatic that she could make lei’s for an hour, talk to guest, and get paid to do it. I was happy to make an employee happy.

No comments: