Adsense Search

Google
 

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Another day at the pool....

. So life has pretty much been work, poker, and sleep. My job is going well. I spend the whole day at the pool, talking to the guest and making sure they are happy. What a GREAT job. Last Saturday I went to the Tiki Bar next to our resort with some coworkers and had a few drinks, talked to some women and had some more drinks. When I got home, no one was around, so I went to Mulligans (the Irish pub) to have some more drinks. I borrowed a bike to get there and to get home – which in hindsight was a mistake. I made it home – but I fell off a couple of times, ran into a couple of things, and more or less cut the end of my big toe off. Yeah – it hurt. I am glad my 2 days off were spent lying around the house and sleeping. One of my roomies gave me some spray band aid, which I sprayed on my toe – and then almost passed out. I got tunnel vision and then I saw some freaky colors – it was kind of like zooming in to a picture and all you see is pixels. Needless to say – I slept all day.

The Fourth of July and fireworks were AMAZING. I walked to the beach, which is about 2 blocks away – and watched the fireworks go off over the Pacific. It was the best fireworks show that I have ever seen and it was GREAT!

I got a tip today. A lady gave me a book which she wrote and wrote on the cover page to me something along the lines of – thanks for the great service and treating me like I was the only guest in the hotel. Tell your boss you need a raise and promotion! I thought that was sweet. Turns out she is a judge. Pretty cool huh?

Sorry I have not been posting daily. I have been working, hanging out with some roomies and friends, and playing poker. I hope the mainland is treating everyone well. The island is treating me well. Aloha!

No comments: